In person training will be held in October and November for the 2016-2017 season.
- In person training gives you a chance to meet experienced volunteers and learn more about volunteer roles that might interest you.
- Find out more about which roles we provide training sessions for and sign up here!
Online training is availalbe for many of our volunteer roles:
- FIRST LEGO League Judges will need to sign up for a background check through FIRST before you will be able to access the training materials. To complete your background check apply for the State Tournametn on February 20th (this is just a placeholder tournament). Follow the link here. You will need to complete this certification if you would like to volunteer for the state tournament.
- FIRST LEGO League Referees should review the Challenge Document - particularly the game rules and missions - and the Challenge Updates. Youtube videos of the game can also be helpful!
- FIRST Tech Challenge Judges, Referees, Scorekeepers, Field Managers, FTAs, CSAs, and Robot Inspectors all have certification materials housed in Schoology. You will recieve instruction on setting up a Schoology account once you have finished your background check (see instructions here). You can also access the volunteer manuals here.
Shadowing a trained volunteer is a great way to learn the rope when volunteering in Minnesota. You can come to a tournament for an hour or two to see what the day is like and to learn some tips and tricks. These slots are limited as we do not want to overwhelm our teams or our judges and timing will vary based on the needs of the tournament. Please email Caitie with questions about shadowing a volunteer!